Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The certificate – Beg, borrow or steal

Disclaimer-The below work is completely a work of fiction.

Beg, borrow or steal. It does’nt matter, I will get certificates one way or other. I care not in the least about what I do for it, I have to get it and so I will. I don’t care about what everybody does. College spirit, doing something because you want to, damn them all. I’m not here to have fun, not to make friends, not to have a good time. I might be here to make contacts, but not friends, never friends.
I’m not even going to attempt to place myself on a high moral ground and say that I have to do it because it’s for the greater good, I simply do it because I have to- I have no morals. I have no beliefs, no sense of what is right and wrong, except to discern whether the certificate I receive is correctly made out to my name. I believe in I, me and myself, there is no team effort, no college pride at stake for winning. What is at stake is a certificate for myself, maybe even a bit of money, that doesn’t hurt either.

I will lie outright, through my teeth, smiling away, being subservient all the time if it gets me the certificate. I need it to fill the empty space in my resume, the 1 page summary of what I have supposedly accomplished in my school and college. It decides what I will do further on, that one page filled with utter rambling’s about what I am supposed to have learnt through my various experiences. Now do you get it, why I do what I do. Why I sink to such level’s for a mere certificate.
I don’t care if you don’t understand, I have no desire to justify myself to you nor do I have to.

Pledge myself- heart, soul and spirit for a cause to be able to work for that and more importantly, get my certificate, that’s what I am and that’s what I do. You want me to work, I will work, but I will do it for the certificate. I’m greedy, selfish etc. you know you would have done it too. You sell your soul, your integrity for literally a donut, so as to say, I at least do it for a certificate.

Notice me hanging around with you more than usual, calling you up every day, being nice all the time- I want a certificate, that’s it, not interested in the least in you, just in the certificate which I get by being nice, sucking up to you, so you let me work with you. Doing all the work, with a smile on my face which never really reflects, I do it all for that certificate. Avoid the outings with my friends, yes, I do have a few of them.

Laugh, laugh loud, laugh longer and then more at me slaving away for stuff which does not matter. I feel like doing that sometimes, actually all the time, but I do it all the same. Ignore the temptation to jump up and say, I’m actually doing this for a certificate and not because I believe in what you as a team intend to do. But, I bull**** all the same and continue for that ever-elusive certificate.

No comments: