Walking through the streets, keeping my head low, listening to you babbling without noticing me. I stand on the street corner, watch all of you pass by, you mindless hordes infatuated by money, disciplined by money. Listening but not speaking, hearing but not saying. You are On the Grid. You follow everybody, everybody follows you, you follow the society. You are the self-destructive ones, ever wary for somebody listening to you, but unknown to you, whatever you say, whatever you do is picked up. Every step, every action is analysed, repeated, replayed in slow motion and then fast forwarded for all to see. You don’t care, but you do it because you are living on the grid.
You live a façade, a deception, you live to be seen by people. To stand out amongst the crowd, but not so much that it would hurt you. Nothing is impulsive anymore, nothing is done on impulse, nothing is said on impulse, you analyse the damn thing a thousand times and then more. By the time you do it, its over, the moment has passed because you live on the grid-there is no escape once you are on it except for people like me.
I am the one you dread the most, yet envy the most because I am OFF THE GRID. I am what you never could be. I am the paragon which you want to secretly attain, but despise everyday because you are on the grid. You constantly seek approval, require assistance for work not required, work because people want you to. I am the critic, the despicable one, the one who looks like you, talks like you but doesn’t live like you, doesn’t think like because I stay off the grid.
You wont recognise me, I wont recognise myself, its not my face, not my hair, its what I believe in. they may be rantings, they may be cravings, but they are what keep me off the grid. Your cameras may catch me, youe eyes may capture me, but you cant keep me. I walk freely amongst you, look at you, laugh at you but you still don’t recognise me cause you remain in your world. You don’t see through the cracks in your world, because I am always there waiting, hovering for somebody of my type. But all I find are a thousand reflections of me, there is nobody else for me to find. Off the grid means off the grid, you cant see me, I cant see you irrespective of you pretending to be on the grid or actually on the grid.
Pretension is all what we do, some are good at it, some just live it. You see me everyday walking in the streets, talking to unknown people with a smile on my lips, deception in my eyes. I am off the grid. You may see me once, talk to me once, but you wont be able to do that again.
Hate it, Love it, despise it, Admire it. This is my Life off the grid and all of you mindless drones, day-by-day succumbing to the endless demands of society, crumbling under the meaningless wants of your mind are envious of it.
Paranoia- Maybe..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sir,
I have become an ardent fan of yours, ever since i have read your blog. I am deeply impressed. I can totally relate to your posts unlike your other fans who are on the grid. I would urge to continue writting as your thougts inspire me.
Post a Comment